WHAT TO DO WITH AN UNFINISHED BASEMENT IN YOUR DENVER HOME
Although currently dimly lit and a little rough on the eyes, your unfinished basement still has a lot of potential to turn it into an eye popping space that you'll want to spend time in. With just a little love and the help of the following ideas, you can crank it up in no time and get some great use out of the space.
1. Add a pop of color to the walls. Give your basement a whole different look without a big renovation by adding some color to space. Consider painting and sealing the floors, opening up the room by painting the rafters white or a light color, or creating a bold accent wall.
2. Divide the space into distinct areas. Want to make your basement a multi-use room? Partition out the area by installing an inexpensive curtain system. This can be done either with a curtain track or a simple wire, some hooks, and curtains will suffice.
3. Add foam mats to the floor. Whether you’d like to use the basement as a home gym to get a quick workout in or a place for the kids to play and rough house, adding some foam mats into the mix is a great and easy solution. They come in various colors and can quickly be picked up and tucked away if need be.
4. Use a large rug to anchor the space. As an alternative to adding mats, find a large, eye-catching rug to be used as a focal point, and furnish the area around it.
5. Add some lighting to brighten it up. Basements often offer very little built-in lighting and few outlets around the room. Consider stringing café lighting across space from the rafters to give a nice ambiance and glow without any difficult electrical work.
If you are looking for a home in the Denver or Parker area, or thinking of selling your home, please feel free to start your home search here at http://dougyoungre.com, or if you have questions reach out to me at 623.210.0902. I'd be happy to assist with answering any questions about your home search or about selling in this crazy market. I have helped hundreds of clients get their homes sold fast and keep thousands of dollars in their pocket. Reach out and request a consultation where we can discuss how we can move you through the process as seamlessly as possible. Looking forward to speaking with you soon.
Book your one on one consultation - https://calendly.com/doug-tctrealestate